Team:UCL/Notebook/September

From 2013.igem.org

(Difference between revisions)
Naruto (Talk | contribs)
(Created page with "<html> <head> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://2013.igem.org/Team:UCL/static/head.js?action=raw&ctype=text/javascript"> </script> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text...")
Newer edit →

Revision as of 00:43, 5 October 2013

September

1st September

The Bacteria Team is living some intense moments! The first transformation of the zeocin ligation took place yesterday and we're all very optimistic! We're about to know the results of this zeocin cloning on the 2nd, the latest the 3rd.

2nd September

We finally received the oligonucleotides needed for the linker region! We can now start the cloning plan for this biobrick.

3rd September

We started to think which type of poster would be the best idea for the Jamboree presentation.

We met Darren at 4 pm to discuss about the cloning strategy for MMP9.

4th September

We used SurveryMonkey in order to make a decision on who should present at the Jamboree.

We reached a consensus for Alex, Tom and Casey to carry out this precious job for the team.

5th September

We decided that the best option as the background colour for the T-shirts would be white.

6th September

HQ replied about zeocin resistance biobrick. It will count as a new part. They also confirmed our attendance to the Regional Jamboree. Lyon, here we come!

Alex produced a first draft of the poster while the other gave him feedback and FYi offered to take care of the actual design.

9th September

Today Darren visited us at the lab and brought us MMP9 which was used to transform our competent cells.

A new ligation for zeocin was prepared and competent cells were transformed with it.

10th September

All the photos of the team members and supervisors were mounted on wiki.

We had another discussion with Darren who advised us to test again the chloramphenicol and also to prepare more competent cells. He also reminded us to always use pSecTag2A as a positive control when minipreping.

11th September

12th September

We agreed on the final details for the T-shirts.

Robin released the updated modelling. Yey!

Darren gave us some OneShot Top 10 competent cells from 2004 in order to continue with the transformations.

13th September

14th September

We decided not to use K812014 biobrick anymore because of the inconsistent digestion. We're always obtaining 3 bands instead of 2 when digesting with EcoR1 and Pst1.

15th September

After many minipreps of the stock of 4 transformations and subsequent digestions of these DNAs, we finally identified the ligated zeocin into pSB1C3 (origin, second ligation and transformation set).

16th September

Weiling set ligations of MMP9 in pSB1C3 after pcr-ing it and digesting it with EcoR1, Pst1 and Dpn1.

17th September

18th September

Work is being done on the presentation preparation. A first draft of the powerpoint was produced and people invited to give feedback on it.

19th September

Bacteria Lab worked on maxipreping the recombinant zeocin plamid as well as on the MMP9 recombinant plasmid.

20th September

> Today is the deadline for sending our biobrick. Casey prepared for shipping and sent the zeocin biobrick.

21st September

22nd September

23rd September

24thSeptember

Transformation of HeLa cells with the recombinant zeocin plasmid was performed today under the assistance of Alex Kinna. Thanks Alex!

25th September

The company to print our T-shirts was chosen. We're going with Image Scotland.

26th September

Two representatives of Source Biosciences gave us a visit in the tissue culture lab at 2pm. They discussed transfection methods with the us and advertised their reagents.

27th September

Darren confirmed with us the funding for the trip to come! Friday, the 11th of October, in the afternoon, we're flying to Lyon!

28th September

29th September

30th September